Refinishing Can Breathe New Life into a Worn Hardwood Floor
How Much Does It Cost to Refinish Hardwood Floors?
The cost of refinishing your wood floors depends on the size of the room or rooms.
Get a FREE in-home estimate, contact Artisans Hardwood today! 252-347-7962
- When your once beautiful hardwood floors are starting to show signs of wear, there are several options to restore their former glory.
- If you are just tired of the color of your wood floor, a new stain might help you fall in love with them again!
- Or perhaps you’ve recently discovered you already have beautiful hardwood floors under that ugly and/or worn-out carpet?Refinishing those hardwoods will instantly add value to your home!
- No matter what your situation, refinishing that worn out floor is an inexpensive and highly-effective way of breathing new life into your home.
- Buffing and coating your hardwoods may do the trick but sanding and refinishing the wood is usually what’s needed to restore the original richness and beauty of the wood.
Our team of skilled flooring technicians at Artisans Hardwood can extend the life of your existing floor with expert floor refinishing services.
When is refinishing your best option?
- If scratches or gouges are in the hardwood, sanding and refinishing can restore their beauty.
- Make sure your boards are thick enough to be refinished – at least 1/8” of wood above the tongue & groove needs to be available. Check at floor edges or around a heat register to see how much wood remains.
- Keep in mind that a hardwood floor can only be sanded and refinished so many times because each sanding removes more of the surface of the hardwood.
- There may be gaps in the hardwood that need filling and other repairs to be made before starting to sand and refinish. If the wood floor feels spongy, if it sags, or if boards are cupping, buckling or warped, then they may need to be replaced, prior to refinishing.
When Artisans Hardwood is finished, your hardwood floors will look and feel new again.